Innovation Partners, LLC is a growing, high-touch biomedical consulting company that partners with a variety of U.S. and global clients to bring their oncology innovations and other products to successful U.S. market launch and commercialization. We support clients with projects ranging from healthcare market and payer access, market research, medical affairs and education and custom event planning.
The Senior Project Manager joins a team of Project Managers, and will play a critical role in delivering high quality content to our clients. Project Managers at Innovation Partners are more than just a coordinator, or organizer of moving pieces. They require a level of expertise and experience, are encouraged to provide input to the strategic direction of a project, and need to creatively and proactively problem solve to meet the needs of the client. There will be an opportunity to learn from a dedicated, knowledgeable team, and an opportunity to exercise leadership skills and grow within the organization.
The right candidate will be positive, adaptable, a strong and confident communicator, highly organized and intellectually curious. This capable individual will be exposed to a varied range of clients, projects and tasks in an innovative, growing and fast-paced consulting firm working with innovators in oncology, hematology, and rare diseases.
Innovation Partners is a values driven organization where learning and professional development will be prioritized, supported and encouraged. This role will have opportunity to contribute to the growth of the organization, interacting with Business Development, traveling to run on-site projects and working on internal process improvements. Candidate will also have opportunities to grow, develop and explore other opportunities for advancement within the organization in alignment with organization needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Management and Execution (60%)
We are a flexible, adaptable, and agile organization; team members are often managing multiple varied projects for a variety of clients. This position will need to have a command of project management skills, be capable of coordinating projects from start to finish managing the timeline, milestones, processes and collaborating with other team members to ensure deliverables are met.
- Manage project timelines, deliverables and responsibilities for any projects assigned.
- Manage project budgets in coordination with the client, business development and the internal team. Identify and manage scope creep and budget approvals. Track and manage project expenses in line with internal policies and processes and in coordination with the finance team.
- Manage internal staff, making sure everyone is aligned on project plans.
- Source and manage consultants and vendor communications for projects.
- Manage projects with complex strategic goals and execution.
- Manage multiple projects/ workstreams simultaneously for the same and differing clients.
- Work closely in coordination with client leads, consultants, vendors and subject matter experts as needed to execute the assigned deliverables of a project.
- Develop client facing dashboards to track progress toward business goals and objectives.
- As needed, develop and implement internal project tracking tools to track and manage project milestones.
- As needed, attend live events and ensure execution to the highest standards in coordination with other team members and vendors, sometimes including weekend and after-hours events. Travel required: 8-12 US trips a year, mostly US based and often involving weekends.
- Prepare agendas, schedule and engage in weekly client meetings and ongoing project communication with internal team and client.
- Schedule client calls and meetings and engage in general calendar management, including scheduling events, Follow internal core processes and when needed provide input into process improvement/ new process creation to improve internal efficiencies.
- Directly engage with project “recruiting” for example reaching out to stakeholders to secure 1:1 video or in-person meetings, and managing calendar and other logistics of these meetings.
- Conduct secondary research and project support tasks as needed.
- Proofread, create documents, spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides.
- Support relationships with clients and in collaboration with team members to ensure client needs are met
- Adapt to client needs, being cognizant of IP’s global clientele requiring “off-hours” meetings in a variety of time zones when necessary
- As needed attend conferences for training, development, networking opportunities
Client Account Management (25%)
- Oversee and manage Key Client Accounts
- Track, oversee and orchestrate multiple projects for the same client in coordination with the PMs and strategists assigned to those projects
- Understand at a high-level client strategy and needs
- Participate in discussions about strategic next steps, business development opportunities and client management in coordination with the leadership team
- Serve as a key point of contact for clients, and their first line of communication for troubleshooting.
- Develop a confident and comfortable rapport with clients through leadership of meetings and calls
- Demonstrate an ability to tease out client needs/ concerns and appropriately route/ escalate to colleagues to ensure high level of service
Team Engagement (15%)
- Engage in weekly team meetings, quarterly team summits and other team/ planning/ strategy meetings as needed some via Zoom some in-person.
- Prepare reports, materials, presentations as needed for team meetings.
- Engage in internal project management initiatives and process improvements.
- As needed, supervise, train, coach other team members
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP/ Project Management certification a plus
- Experience managing client accounts/ relationships/ operating in customer-facing role
- Specific experience within oncology/hematology strongly preferred
- Experience identifying and recruiting thought partners a plus
- Competency working within Microsoft 365/ Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, Teams and Outlook) required
- Familiarity with project management software a plus
- Internal and external client relations skills – professional, helpful, personable demeanor
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter and a reliable team contributor
- Ability to work under deadlines and prioritize/multi-task capably adapting to changing circumstances
- Must align with and exhibit Innovation Partners Core Values in all interactions
- Excited to contribute to a values driven team, willing to lead, assist and support in a variety of ways, many outside of the box
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated and resourceful
- Capacity and desire to learn and grow with the company over time
- Efficient and works with a sense of urgency
- Positive and proactive approach to every task however big or small
- Calm and professional attitude and comfort with ambiguity and managing changing demands
- Able to handle internal and client information while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail, good proofreading and QCing skills
The physical demands of this job are consistent with light office duties. Some lifting of items/boxes may be required.
Ability to travel for work to lead projects onsite, up to 10-15% required. On average 8-12 trips per year, majority US and over weekends.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position’s work environment is based remotely from home.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each roles and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Innovation Partners is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.