DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Director, Market Access and Relationship Management will lead Innovation Partners Market Access capabilities working closely with team members, clients and key stakeholders to deliver high quality and strategic services and insight. This position will serve in a key leadership role working closely with the Founder and Managing Director and leadership team and will be responsible for managing key relationships across provider, payer, pathway and other organizations within oncology and hematology. The right candidate will be highly motivated and organized, eager to contribute to a small but dynamic and evolving team.
Market Access Leadership and Strategic Insights
- Provide leadership across existing market access capabilities in consideration of client and market needs
- Identify, develop and strategically build out the organization’s market access capabilities
- Work with the client(s) to develop a robust project strategy in support of broad access and reimbursement, informed by Market Access insights and experience and deep knowledge of client challenges, therapeutic area, and positioning.
- Monitor a variety of activities and trends within a specified disease state across payer types, such as drug-specific coverage, coding, and payment policies.
- Lead development of project strategy objectives across the following capability areas: o Leveraging and transferring relationships with key payer stakeholders
- Payer engagement strategy and relationship building, understanding the best payer mix and positioning for a product within the competitive landscape
- Navigating coverage and reimbursement, contracting and pricing agreements
- Analyze sites of care and bring relevant insights and expertise
- Leverage understanding around the relevant channels to sell into
- Strategize around trade and distribution strategy and partnerships with GPOs
- Develop payer-facing messaging and value messaging/value proposition
- Assist with coding strategies (HCPCS, ICD, NTAP, CPT)
- Provide strategic insight into clinical compendium and pathway strategies
- Manage internal tools, templates, and processes for the effective and efficient management of projects
- Develop and follow internal core processes
Relationship Cultivation and Management
- Build and leverage existing strategic relationships and networks with key stakeholders in the industry, specifically public and private payers, providers, Trade & Distribution organizations, Clinical Pathway and Compendia organizations, and other relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for managing both external IP relationships, interfacing and cultivating relationships, and managing internally the tracking, documentation, and organization of IP contacts, stakeholder information, and insights for easy access across the IP team
- Lead, manage and be accountable for the development and implementation of a knowledge management system in partnership with IT vendor
- Recruit health care panelists, including providers, payers, and patients, and relationship cultivation and management with key stakeholders
- Manage a proactive payer and provider cultivation strategy
- Manage communications and record-keeping utilizing IP tools and databases to capture important stakeholder information
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all key stakeholders whether the client, market research participants, IP team members, consultants, vendors, etc.
Client Lead and Project Management
- Director will serve as client and project lead as needed and as assigned
- Oversee all market access projects in close collaboration with the Founder and Managing Director
- Delegate to and manage IP team members and consultants/ vendors as needed
- Participate in a team, leadership, and other strategic meetings weekly, quarterly, and as needed
- Manage client needs and relationships
- Ensure project deliverables are met consistently and to a high quality
- Engage in Business Development activities as needed, in support of project development, Statements of Work construction, deliverables identification, and contract execution.
- IP clients are located within different time zones across the US and Europe so flexibility is needed to adapt to a variety of time zones when necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Graduate Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant biopharmaceutical oncology/ hematology industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience working directly with payer engagement, trade and distribution, 3PL and developing customer facing market access strategies required
- Experience with US market & payer access, access marketing, and/or reimbursement
- Deep understanding of US reimbursement system
- Existing extensive relationships with relevant hematology/oncology stakeholders, which may include; private payers, public payers, regulatory bodies, EHR Systems, clinical pathways and compendia organizations, IDNs, PBMs, providers, academic centers, community oncology practices etc.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter and a reliable team contributor
- Ability to work under deadlines and multi-task capably adapting to changing circumstances
- Must align with and exhibit Innovation Partners values in all interactions
- Excited to contribute to a small but accomplished and values-driven team, willing to lead, assist and support in a variety of ways
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated and resourceful
- Capacity and desire to learn and grow
- Efficient and works with a sense of urgency
- A positive and proactive approach to every task however big or small
- Calm and professional attitude and comfort with ambiguity and managing changing demands
- Able to handle internal and client information while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
The physical demands of this job are consistent with light office duties. Some lifting of items/boxes may be required. Up to 30% US and International travel required. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position’s work environment is based out of office space located in Excelsior, MN. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each role and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Innovation Partners is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.