Chief Payer Strategist
20+ Years Experience | Health Insurance Plan Leadership Roles
Matthew C. Palmgren, PharmD, has over 20 years experience in the health insurance leadership roles. He has practiced in Medicaid, Commercial and Medicare healthcare plans, retail and hospital pharmacies including pharmacy association management. Dr. Palmgren is a nationally recognized speaker and advisor to employers, brokers, physician groups, managed care organizations, biopharmaceutical, medical technology and device manufacturers.
In addition to Innovation Partners, Dr. Palmgren is the President of Int’Ovation, a healthcare solutions company. Providing integration of multiple systems to provide healthcare companies, healthcare reform stakeholders, and pharmaceutical companies with solutions. Recent projects include Affordable Care Act implementation for multiple health plans, participating in multi-disciplinary key opinion leader think tank meetings, integrating physician practices into accountable care organizations, innovative process mapping different health care systems to understand the multiple components to health care reform.
Previously, Dr. Palmgren was the Director, Government Business and Emerging Markets at BCBS of TN, Chair of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Joint Oversights committees, and Director, Clinical Pharmacy at Humana, Inc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
20+ years in the pharmacy industry in a variety of areas including:
- Commercial and Medicare Healthcare Plans
- Retail and Hospital Pharmacies
- Formulary Optics™ Software
- Strategic Development/Insights
- Drug Coding and Reimbursement
- Government Regulations and Policies
- Program Implementation
- Computer and Business Intelligence Software
- President, Int’Ovation Healthcare Solutions
- Speaker and Advisor
- Director, Government Business and Emerging Markets
- Director, Clinical Pharmacy Programs