Founder & Principal
25+ Years Experience | Broad Biopharmaceutical Leadership Roles | Corporate Strategy & Brand Planning
Before founding Innovation Partners in 2011, Dave Melin served as Vice President, Government and Public Affairs, and Executive Committee Member at Eisai, Inc. Mr. Melin was previously an executive at MGI PHARMA, Inc, where he served as Vice President, Corporate and Government Affairs. Mr. Melin has served for over 25 years in the biopharmaceutical industry in roles of increasing responsibility and across a wide range of subject areas. Mr. Melin currently serves on the board of directors for LifeScience Alley of Minnesota, BioBusiness Alliance of Minnesota, and The Biotechnology Center at Elk Run (Rochester, MN).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 25 years in the biopharmaceutical industry in roles of increasing responsibility including:
- sales management
- strategic planning
- market research
- human resources
- commercial development
- business development
- government and commercial payers
- government affairs and public policy
- reimbursement and patient assistance
- corporate and patient advocacy
- investor relations
- corporate communications and public relations
- Vice President, Government and Public Affairs and Executive Committee Member at Eisai, Inc.
- Executive at MGI PHARMA, Inc, where he served as Vice President, Corporate and Government Affairs.